English grammar is made up of 8 Parts of Speech, namely - Nouns, Pronouns, Adjectives, Verbs, Adverbs, Conjunctions, Prepositions and Interjections.
It is important to master all these to be able to use them correctly. There are often words that may belong to more than one part of speech.
Let's understand the Parts of Speech onee by one -
1. Noun - It is a name of a person, place, thing, idea, animal or activity. For example - Thinking, Happiness, India, Hindi
2. Pronoun - A pronoun is a word that replaces a noun in a sentence. For example - I, He, She, Her, Ours, Them,
3. Adverb - An adverb is a word that modifies or explains a verb, another adverb or an adjective. For example - happily, sadly, fast.
4. Adjective - An adjective is a word that modifies or explains a noun or a pronoun. For example - tall, short, happy, sad, etc.
5. Verb - A vereb is a word that expresses action or existencee. For example - swim, run, dance, etc
6. Conjunction - A conjunction is a word that connects words, phrases or clauses. For example - and, nor, but, so, yet
7. Preposition - A preposition is a word used to link nouns, pronouns and phrases to other words in a sentence. For example - upon, under, over, up, inn, out.
8. Interjection - Interjection is a word that expresses emotion or surprise. For example - Wow! Ouch! Help! Super!
Bonus Tip - Once we are well-versed with parts of speech, we should know what are the objects, subjects in a sentence.